Error message

DAKAR 13:29 16 Oct 2010

Hi All
Hopefully just a quick bit of advice required I keep getting this error message Error 1706 Document viewer and I cannot get rid of it,and also HP Tunes cannot be configured are they related and how do I sort this out?
All help greatly appreciated as usual
Regards
Dakar

northumbria61 13:50 16 Oct 2010

This error is in relation to your printer. You have a hp printer right? Get the file you need off of your printers installation disk.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:51 16 Oct 2010

Do you have a HP printer?

If so uninstall and reinstall the printer software.

DAKAR 14:06 16 Oct 2010

hi guys
I am going to uninstall my hp printer software and reinstall and get back to you.
Thanks
Dakar

DAKAR 15:04 16 Oct 2010

northumbria61 and Fruit Bat/\o/\
I have uninstalled my printer software and reinstalled it from the disk and I am still getting
a message box which reads The feature you are trying to use is on a CD ROM or other removable disk that is not available.Insert the document viewer disk and click ok.
This is the message I had before uninstalling and reinstalling the printer
Any other thoughts.
Regards
Dakar

northumbria61 17:26 16 Oct 2010

DAKAR - further information here click here if you read through the first 2 or 3 it appears that when inserting your CD it does give you an option to repair. Try this first.

DAKAR 19:26 16 Oct 2010

hi northumbria61
Thankyou for the link I have done what was suggested on there and think I have got printer problem sorted but I am still getting a message saying Cannot find script file c:\hp\hptunes\remutil.js
Any ideas whether the two were related
Thanks ever so much for your help
regards
Dakar

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone