Error Message

superhoops 09:49 19 Nov 2007

Hi. The lst couple of days I have been gettting an error message popping up on the screen roughly every ten minutes or so. It disappears if you click cancel. No idea what I have done to get this. Any ideas? (Have done spyware and virus checks) Thanks
click here

birdface 09:55 19 Nov 2007
  birdface 10:02 19 Nov 2007

Googled . more to look at.click here=

aine 17:24 19 Nov 2007

I had this problem, I was using spyware terminator,I deleted this and the problem disappeared. It could also be Picasso looking for a disk. Finally MS updates could have caused this problem. If you are using spyware terminator i would delete it and see if the message goes Aine

superhoops 21:09 19 Nov 2007

Thanks buteman and aine for your replies.
I have read through the links, the programs that are mentioned as possible causes I don't use. However there was a mention of an online virus checker that I hadnt heard of. I have run that and it did say it had deleted a virus in one of my games I have had for years. Seems unlikely as I have had this on my computers for about 6 years and the prob has only recently started. However, it may be coincidence and it may occur again but that was about an hour ago and the message hasnt come back yet... time will tell. If it was a virus why didnt AVG pick it up? Why would it be in a game I have had for years? All very strange but fingers crossed.....
aine, I noticed in the links from butman several people mentioned MS Updates as a poss cause, I wonder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?