Error message!

Tazpion 17:04 31 Jul 2007

Hi.Recently i loaded up the google sidebar(for the first time) and loaded up various applications for it,that were with it.One of them,i didnt like,so i erased it!Ever since then,whenever ive booted my laptop up,i get an error message saying 'Zero Cfg SVC MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close'.Ive looked at it closer and its linked to zcfgsvc.exe,which i think is a shortened version of it(i may be wrong).Ive system restored my laptop to before i put the sidebar on but im still getting the error message.Ive looked on various sites on the web but i cant get a definite answer as to what it is,or what ive erased or done to my laptop or the settings to it.Ive got nowhere with that and its making me think that ive erased something important!Can anyone help me with this problem?Im a newbie,so please can you explain it to me in simple terms!Thanx.

Joe R 17:07 31 Jul 2007
  Tazpion 05:30 01 Aug 2007

I tried all that was suggested in the advice pages.My wireless drivers are already up to date.When i disabled it,my anti-virus and email scanner was disabled as well and wouldn't go back on until i reactivated the driver!I tried to get into the folder for it,but the aforementioned error message came up and it shut the folder before i could do anything with it!My laptop is slower than ever now,and it takes even longer to boot up!Im at my wits end with it now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires