error message?

taffyal 16:37 09 Apr 2006

Trying to convert divx to dvd with dvd santa. Keep getting error messages, appcompat.txt. Tried again with free sample of Win avi, same result. I know that appcompat is windows error report service, but have got that disabled, always found it a nuisance!- can anyone tell me whats wrong with this thing? Getting more upset by the minute!! Thanks, al

phono 17:41 09 Apr 2006

It is an application compatibility problem that you have, see click here for some info.

phono 17:43 09 Apr 2006

Sorry, try this one click here

taffyal 22:49 09 Apr 2006

Thanks Phono, I'll check this out tomorrow when I'm wide awake!But why does it keep offering to make error reports when I've disabled reporting?
Cheers, Al.

phono 23:22 10 Apr 2006

I think it is trying to warn you about software incompatability, not error reporting.

taffyal 12:09 11 Apr 2006

hi Phono. Thanks for advice. Id done a restore to no avail, but for some strange reason its working OK again this morning.One of those wierd blips that happen now & then??? I have got clone dvd on, perhaps it clashes with Nero? I never use clone, so will take it off.Thanks again, Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?