error message

bristolgirl 14:37 19 Mar 2006

Hi I am using 1to1 website builder. sometimes when I try to upload photos, I get this message below. I have followed all the instructions to recify it to no avail. Any ideas where I am going wrong? :-

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Please try the following:
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

bristolgirl 19:43 19 Mar 2006

Thank you for reply John.

In website builder, you can choose photos from your' own PC and sometimes this works! I am putting the photos on via the web builder.

I am still getting the same error message and I am wondering if it might be a problem their end today.

I have tried CC Cleaner but to no success.

Any ideas?

mco 21:07 19 Mar 2006

I think I know what you mean - I use a webbuilder program with lycos and I presume it works in the same way. It's all done online. You just select the photo from your pc and they do the rest? Assuming your internet connection doesn't keep going off at your end, then it might be theirs. I sometimes wonder if they get overloaded? Occasionally mine with lycos does odd things -then is right as rain the next time. Leave it; try again tomorrow and post back if it is still a problem

bristolgirl 08:13 20 Mar 2006

Hi mco and John

Thank you both for your help. It's much appreciated!

John, I'm not screaming,really! But I do only one picture at a time.

MCO, I was really interested in your' answer, that you have the same problems sometimes with your' website builder. However, I have tried to select a photo this morning (Monday) and I still have the same problem. I have contacted 1to1 about this but have yet to hear back, which is strange as they are ususally very prompt at replying.

My interenet connection does not keep going off at the end but this did happen once. Do you think that this may have caused my problems? If so, how do I go about fixing it?

Hope you can help!

DrScott 14:06 20 Mar 2006

It's most likely to mean the server to which you're uploading is down. Best thing is to try at different times or from different computers and see what happens

bristolgirl 14:13 20 Mar 2006

Hi Dr Scott!
Thank you for your answer but I have tried all day yesterday and all day today, with no luck.

It's impossible to try from a different PC.

Maybe 1to1 will help soon. Still waiting to hear from them.

bristolgirl 15:09 21 Mar 2006

Aaargggh

Managed to upload 1 photo today but then had the same error message when I tried to upload another photograph.

I have emailed 1to1 a 2nd help email but am still waiting to hear from them.

Any help gratefully recieved!

mco 19:44 21 Mar 2006

jpg? And not too big?

bristolgirl 09:00 22 Mar 2006

Thanks mco but my pictures are jpg and they are not too big.
Still have the same problem today and still not heard back from one2one. Getting very despondant now!

bristolgirl 15:30 22 Mar 2006

John. Thank you for being so helpful, I really appreciate it! I'm sorry to sound so doubtful but I am a little hesitant at doing this. (That makes me sound really ungrateful, doesn't it?).

It's just that you hear such bad stories nowadays. I know that you are probably just trying to help, please forgive my uncertainty.

bristolgirl 15:42 22 Mar 2006

Sorry John! I do not have the website up and running yet but I could email you a couple of the pictures I think. Would this help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?