Error loading C:\windows\image.dll Remove please!

LAP 22:16 04 May 2004

o/s win xp pro.
When starting up computer I am presented with a small window which states 'Error loading C:\windows\image.dll' underneath this it states 'The specified module could not be found'
I delete this and an identical one which is underneath. Then the computer works fine. This appears to have occurred after a recent virus scan using PC-cillin 2003. Annoying, but not vital would just like to remove it/return to normal. Thank you..

VoG II 22:22 04 May 2004

Start, Run, type

msconfig

and click OK.

Look for it on the startup tab and untick it. Restart your computer.

Dan the Confused 22:27 04 May 2004

Very tired, but click here might be worth a look.

LAP 02:38 05 May 2004

VoG, thank you. In msconfig I unticked 'image rundll32 C:\windows' I then got a screen 'Choose the normal startup mode on the General Tab to start windows normally and undo the changes you made using the System Configeration Utility' I did this and went round in a full circle.

Dan the Confused, thank you. I would like to wait before downloading anything at the moment as there are so many viruses. I have noted the sites details. Thank you both..

LAP 18:55 05 May 2004

Have been onto the Evesham help line and was told that the 'file' has been left behind from a Trojan virus. The 'file' reappears every time I boot up the computer.

To get rid of this I downloaded the following from click here . Opened this up and the 'file' disappeared. Best Lap..

Dan the Confused 19:07 05 May 2004

Glad the problem is fixed Lap, but you could also have downloaded it safely from the Computercops site.

LAP 19:15 05 May 2004

Dan the Confused, I was not confident enough to take your advice. I'm sorry and thanks. Lap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?