Error loading \3\DLCJtime.dll

etlcnes 18:38 19 Sep 2006

Hi all - back on this one

Got a recurring one that is beyond me.

Receiving the following error at start up

RUNDLL Error

Specified module cannot be found

Error loading \3\DLCJtime.dll

Config = Dell Dimension 2400 3.06Mhx, 2GB RAM, Win XP SP2 with all MS updates installed.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled Dell AIO 964 printer. Removing the entry in the startup simply disables all my printers as the Print Spooler is disabled and cannot be manually restarted. Deleting the erroneous file from the registry has the same effect.

System used to work fine and has only just started to do this ie it is not a new printer install. The only trigger I can think of is that I have just (couple of days ago) installed the latest updates from Microsoft

Tried sfc/scannow no change

Driving me NUTS

skidzy 18:53 19 Sep 2006

etlcnes previous thread click here

skidzy 18:55 19 Sep 2006

Have you tried system Restore,i dont think this was mentioned in the previous thread,if it was...sorry i missed it.

etlcnes 18:57 19 Sep 2006

Yes have tried it in another thread! Fixes it until the printer is used again and then hey presto the problem is back.

skidzy 19:10 19 Sep 2006

Maybe trying an update to the firmware or drivers or even both may sort this problem.click here

etlcnes 19:36 19 Sep 2006

Thanks Skidzy - will give these a try and see how we get on. Just got to get machine to recognise the printer before I canupgrade the firmware.

skidzy 19:41 19 Sep 2006

You could try turning the pc off,unplug the printer,reboot,and plug in again...hopefully xp will recognise the printer.

etlcnes 22:33 19 Sep 2006

Didn't find it but did a de and reinstall. Have updated the drivers but the firmware upgrade keeps timing out (have downloaded and running locally). Don't suppose anyone has any clues on this - if I have to go to Dell I may as well give up now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?