error loading

colin35small 13:38 21 Mar 2010

error loadind c:\documents and settings\owner .chelsea.000\desktop systems.dll the spcified modual could not be found

Technotiger 13:54 21 Mar 2010

As I have not yet passed my exams to become a Fully Qualified Mind Reader, I guess I better ask - What OS? What PC, laptop/desktop make etc, what are you trying to do and with what program??? With this information I, or other members here, might be able to formulate some sort of advice for you!

colin35small 13:58 21 Mar 2010

compaq presario
message comes up on start up

colin35small 13:59 21 Mar 2010

xp system

Technotiger 14:12 21 Mar 2010

Hope you didn't mind my bit of tongue-in-cheek humour, but I am sure you can see why :-))

Anyway, we now have something to work on, not just for me, but for all other members reading this, and be sure there will be quite a few ...

After that opening message, can you then continue to use PC as normal? If not, try starting in Safe mode, with Networking (keep tapping F8 on start-up), when in safe mode download and run click here then try starting again. Let us know how you get on.

colin35small 14:14 21 Mar 2010

pc works as normal

Technotiger 14:16 21 Mar 2010

OK - so now, if you don't already have it, download and run Ccleaner as per my link. Just run the program in its default settings, i.e. don't make any changes/choices, just run it. Then re-start your PC.

colin35small 14:18 21 Mar 2010

cheers

PalaeoBill 14:20 21 Mar 2010

Systems.dll sounds suspiciously viral to me,
I suggest you download autoruns, unzip it to extract autoruns.exe and then run it.
click here

It will show you the list of things confgured to run at boot up and it will identify all of the orphaned ones (i.e. file not found). I suggest you delete the systems.dll one when it finds it.

Then you want to do a full anti virus scan, preferably one that will run prior to full boot, ie before windows fully loads. Avast will do this, and its free. There are many other anti virus products as well, just look through this forum.

Good luck

PalaeoBill 14:28 21 Mar 2010

Sorry Technotiger, started typing 2 repies in and posted. Missed the half dozen exchanges inbetween.

I have just spent the morning removing a dodgy dll from my laptop. Got a bit hot under the collar.

Technotiger 14:34 21 Mar 2010

Hi, no problem, glad you've joined in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?