Error installing iKernal.exe

Billy911 14:20 14 Jul 2005

When I try to run a data CD the error message appears:

Error installing iKernal.exe:
The specified network name is no longer available.

I'm not on a network (except dialup Internet) and run Win2KPro (Service pack 4). Other CDs work fine. There is also a problem with the pagefile (ie it doesn't exist) but I don't think the problems are related. Does anybody know why this message keeps appearing?

Billy911 13:27 15 Jul 2005

I read in a book about viruses/security that Administrators should make all .exe & .com programs Read-only to help protect the system against viruses. when I tried to install a program that was on a CD I got the error message as above. When I put all the .exe & .com programs back to normal (ie able to write to) the problem disappeared.

I read in a book about viruses/security that Administrators should make all .exe & .com programs Read-only to help protect the system against viruses. when I tried to install a program that was on a CD I got the error message as above. When I put all the .exe & .com programs back to normal (ie able to write to) the problem disappeared.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?