Error - Generic Host Process for Win 32

Taff36 16:22 03 Nov 2003

Here`s one from my son via e-mail:

Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvienience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost,

after getting that message I cant listen to any audio on my pc aswell as that taskbars etc appear different to the way i set them, tried getting help on the official windows xp magazine forums and no1 has posted a reply to my post,

Sounds like a challenge to me. OS is XP. Any help out there please?

Gongoozler 16:42 03 Nov 2003

Taff36, it looks like your computer could be under attack! click here

Taff36 09:12 04 Nov 2003

Thanks for the link but I can`t get to it this morning - Cannot find server message. Can you give me a clue what it`s about please?

Gongoozler 15:57 04 Nov 2003

Hi Taff36. The site I was linking to was actually referring to Windows Server 03, but said that there is vulnerability in Windows NT, 2000, XP and Server 2003. This vulnerability is exploited by a worm that can give symptoms somewhat similar to yours. The Microsoft bulletin referring to the vulnerability is at click here.

Taff36 16:47 05 Nov 2003

Followed your link Gongoozler but decided that wasn`t quite the problem - We had already done the Virus check route.

Solved by simply inserting the XP disks rebooting and running sfc /scannow .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?