Error in Event Viwer

Demora 09:40 17 Nov 2007

Hi.

I have a Novatech Razor Notebook and this morning I got a BSD then the pc rebooted. The message in the event viewer reads 'The security package NTLM generated an exception. The package is now disabled. The exception information is the data.'

I'm running windows XP home SP2 The notebook is 11 days old.

BTW the Blue screen of death just flashed before reboot. No time to read what the error was. I know we are having a few net problems ISP related and need to update the router (a Belkin 54g 3 years old now)

TIA

D

Sheik Yerbouti 09:56 17 Nov 2007

Right click 'My Computer' Select Properties
Advanced Tab...Startup and Recovery...Settings.
Take tick from 'Automatically Restart'

Next time it occurs, make a note of the Error Stop 0x00000000 and the 4 codes after this, will help a lot in identifiying the problem.

Sheik Yerbouti 09:57 17 Nov 2007

Is the laptop part of a home network?

Demora 10:05 17 Nov 2007

Ok I'll try that next time (?)

And yes its part of the home net. No one elses pc is on at the moment though.

D

Sheik Yerbouti 10:12 17 Nov 2007

Any more info from event viewer..like event ID ?

Demora 10:32 17 Nov 2007

From 08.01 to when the disaster No other error markings at all. Just the red circle and white cross for the above problem

D

bretsky 10:50 17 Nov 2007

Double click on the error and look for the event ID number at the top of the dialog box then click here and you should get a better idea of what's going on.

bretsky ;0)

Demora 08:08 29 Nov 2007

I'm wondering whether or not one of the windows XP Updates could be causing this as now my other pc (desktop) is doing the same.

The PC and laptop boot up then hit an error and then boot normally. and no problems for the rest of the day/session.

Thanks for the link bretsky. I'm wading through that list. LOL

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?