Error decoding jpg images produced by photoshop

burnlea 18:26 25 Oct 2008

When I transfer my jpeg camera images directly to CD/DVD, my DVD player has no problem displaying them. However if I process them via Adobe Photoshop CS3, and save them as jpeg images, and transfer to CD/DVD, the machine refuses to recognise them.

Solutions would be gratefully received!

Pineman100 18:40 25 Oct 2008

When you burn the images from Photoshop on to a disk, are you sure that the burn software is closing the disk properly?

burnlea 19:12 25 Oct 2008

Yes Pineman100 - I've put the originals and the PShop images on the same disc - the originals play, but the Pshop don't.

eedcam 19:16 25 Oct 2008

Obvious question but you are sure you are saving as Jpeg not allowing photoshop to save as psd which it will by default.Iuse P/shopand noprobs like that

burnlea 19:20 25 Oct 2008

Yep eedcam - definitely saving as jpeg.

eedcam 22:39 25 Oct 2008

OK and you are burning with the same software as when you import from the cam?

burnlea 23:12 25 Oct 2008

Yes - Nero

eedcam 09:25 26 Oct 2008

Good thinking Marg but standard is default then optomized then progresive and all play ok on mine

Pineman100 10:35 26 Oct 2008

"I've put the originals and the PShop images on the same disc - the originals play, but the Pshop don't."

If you burn files to a CD, then close the session, it's possible to return to the same CD later and burn more files on any remaining free space. But - in my experience - if you do that, the first session is no longer accessible.

Could this be the explanation? Have you tried burning your Photoshop jpegs on to a disk by themselves?

burnlea 10:35 26 Oct 2008

Have finally solved problem by using Photoshop Elements v. 2.0 to convert the Photoshop CS3 produced jpegs to Ps Elements jpegs - which now play fine. There must be something about the CS3 jpegs which are different. God knows what, because they were all saved as standard. Anyhow - thanks everyone for your contributions. Would still be interested in explanation if anyone finds it.

Pineman100 10:48 26 Oct 2008

I think you and I posted simultaneously above. Could the answer be as simple as what I suggested?

I'd be interested to know, because I'm considering upgrading my Photoshop from 7 to CS3 (and not before time!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone