Error code0x80240030

Ex.Airways 21:49 22 Jul 2008

My computer is on dial up (No Broadband due reach problem 10 miles from local exchange)
Microsoft updates keeps trying to download Office 2003 Service pack 3 at 22Mb is asking a bit much of a dial up internet connection. When I try to change my auto matic download settings to prevent it trying to download this service pack I get the error code 0x80240030.
When I try to fix the problem usuing microsoft's knowlege base it tells me that this code is not for dial-up connections.
I have managed to change my settings from Microsoft update to Windows update only, anyone help with this problem so I can revert to Microsoft updates again but through the 'custom' updates 'hide' this big sp3 update?
Regards Ex Airways

birdface 21:53 22 Jul 2008

Googled.click here=

birdface 22:05 22 Jul 2008

Have you tried .Control Panel.Security Center.And on the bottom click on automatic updates.And dot turn off automatic updates.Apply.

Ex.Airways 22:14 22 Jul 2008

Thanks for suggestions Buteman.
Reading the links to Microsoft that you sent they all refer to LAn proxy config settings which are not used on dial up.
I have temporarily changed my automatic update settings to windows only from the control panel.

Ex.Airways 22:14 22 Jul 2008

Thanks for suggestions Buteman.
Reading the links to Microsoft that you sent they all refer to LAN proxy config settings which are not used on dial up.
I have temporarily changed my automatic update settings to windows only from the control panel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?