error code

Daiol 12:08 17 May 2008

Hi,Tried to install antispyware on my pc this morning and a box keeps popping up 'failed because RICHED20.dll was not found' What does that mean ?? help please Hi i also ger error code 2894 popping up sorry forgot about that. Please help ive tried eusing reg cleaner etc but no joy even tried to download a repair patch i found on google but no.thanks

chub_tor 12:24 17 May 2008

RICHED20.dll is a Microsoft Outlook file and has been damaged. See click here or click here to resolve

rawprawn 12:26 17 May 2008

Try a system file scan
XP> Start> Run> type sfc /scannow and hit enter. You will be asked for your XP CD.

Vista Open the Command Prompt by right clicking and select "Run as Administrator". At the C: prompt type sfc /scannow and then hit Enter

birdface 12:27 17 May 2008

googled.click here=

Daiol 19:29 17 May 2008

Thanks all for replies,But i forgot to say this was a brand new laptop with xp pro installed bought from ebuyer had it delivered on last monday there were no software installed just nero and some asus software i deleted nero and installed AVG it went okay then went to down load windows defender it downloaded okay but when i went to open the folder a box popped up with error code 2894 and that was it so i tried another antispyware same thing happened then the other box started to appear with 'RICHED20.dll'.so i got intouch with ebuyer tech dept which was in south africa they led me through to a new format of the machine now its completely knackered.Waiting to hear from ebuyer.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?