Error code 0x8007045D i/o

steve263000 18:56 17 Apr 2014

I am running a fairly new computer using Windows 8.1. I have been getting the error code above when I have tried to transfer some photos from a recent holiday through from the SD card to the computer.

I have tried searching on Google and so far had the main answer coming from a paid Wikipedia ad. That encouraged me to download ErrorEnd pro installer. It seemed to find over 6000 faults on my hard drive which is rubbish. They then want you to pay to install of course.

I am well protected by Norton and the computer was fine when I last used it. It has not been turned on for a month as I have been away.

The Microsoft site seemed to concentrate on Windows 7 answers. Can anyone help on this? I have well over 1200 photos I would like to work on.

john bunyan 19:11 17 Apr 2014

Are you using a photo software programme? I use Photoshop, but a freebie is Paint.net. I create a folder in the "My Pictures" called "downloaded images" and using a card reader transfer the photos to the folder. I would not touch the software such as ErrorEnd with a bargepole. When does the error code appear? I have w7 admittedly, but when I connect the card reader, it shows as a "G" drive in my case, with the photos showing. Could you be a little more specific?

john bunyan 19:14 17 Apr 2014

Also, have you tried transferring in safe mode?; Another link

Windows forum

The Kestrel 19:22 17 Apr 2014

PC Advisor will not let post a link to help you, claiming it is spam. (I'm getting really fed up of this erroneous censoring of links!!!)

If you put your error code into Google and you will find a possible solution in the link to 'pcdigger'. On my search it was the 9th link down from the top of the first page.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:23 17 Apr 2014

Possible SD card fault or corrupt files on the card or bad reader

Can you see the pictures OK in the camera?

Are you using a card reader? try connecting the camera via USB copy pictures that way.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the card reader

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?