error and chat logs

wantolearn 17:58 28 Apr 2007

when i log in a window pops up..error run time 53..file not found..what does it mean?..also,have a folder named "my chat logs"..have talked to people but folder always says its empty..so where have the logs gone?

birdface 19:27 28 Apr 2007

You are probably not saving them,If you go into Messenger,Tools, Options.Messages, Halfway down Tick the box with Automatically keep history of my conversation.Apply Ok.Underneath it will show you what folder that it is kept in.

iscanut 19:27 28 Apr 2007

Type the error messgae into Google and search.There are quite a few references to this error. May be of some help.

wantolearn 15:22 29 Apr 2007

having a good look at those nuts...forgot to say window has FSS in the corner..

wantolearn 14:48 01 May 2007

got the chat log sorted.......havent got a clue as to find which file is missing,,get error message on login but only have ok option..no info of file missing...how do i find out..do i have to uninstall and reinsyall ALL of the programs in add?remove?
If i downloaded a registry cleaner would that solve it?

birdface 21:00 01 May 2007

Have a look here, click here see if you can find something that helps.

wantolearn 15:48 06 May 2007

just read oasts problem about being unable to delete a game and totallybraindeads suggestion of going into "c"and all program files..thought i would have a look myself and found old used programmes which i thought were totally deleted including avg..deleted them,rebooted and hey presto that darned error 53 message gone!!!then i did disk clean up......Thanks totallybraindead....hope it stays off now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?