error bridging connection for xbox live

AssistM0nk 07:47 06 Mar 2006

i'm using a linksys pci wireless card and my onboard ethernet to play xbox live using a crossover cable from xbox to the onboard ethernet... i had to take out my pci card and ended up puttin it back in... now i can't bridge the connections to play xbox live... it says "Unexpected error when trying to configure bridge." ugh anyone know what to do??

mgmcc 08:41 06 Mar 2006

If you have "Internet Connection Sharing" enabled on your actual Internet connection (modem connection) disable it, bridge the two network adapters and then re-enable "Internet Connection Sharing".

AssistM0nk 17:43 06 Mar 2006

i dont kno how to do that... when i goto edit the properties of my internet connection it doesnt have the advanced tab

mgmcc 19:35 06 Mar 2006

I suspect your settings have become messed up because you removed the PCI network card while it was part of an "Internet Connection Sharing" arrangement. This means that ICS could still be enabled but, with no Advanced tab, it cannot be disabled again.

Make sure that no adapters are part of a Network Bridge and that any bridge is then deleted. If you have a network adapter that is available for connection to a "client" computer, you should have the Advanced tab back in the Properties of the actual Internet (modem) connection.

If not, are you able to run System Restore back to before you set up "Internet Connection Sharing"?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?