Error 7001 and pc freezing.

jake2 22:43 22 Dec 2008

Our pc will freeze up occaisionaly while my other half is working on a vpn to her work.
The error code comes up as 7001.
I have looked around and a possible cause is "Lexmark MarkVision" causing problems with windows 2000 server. (I think)
click here
I used to have a lexmark printer but I "thought" I had removed it completely.
A suggested soloution (not from microsoft, they suggest a manual change to the registry. Not something I've done before.) was regcure to fix the registry to clear the error. I tried this and it did show up lexmark markvision in the list of fixes.
BUT when I reboot and scan again it reappears.
How can I clear this error permanently?

howard64 12:10 23 Dec 2008

first try to find where lexmark is situated. start - run - type msconfig - top right side tab startup. Look for lexmark if there take the tick out of the left hand box and reboot. When restarted put a tick in the box on left side to stop the modified start message reappearing. If not there start - run - services.msc and enter. Go down the list to look for lexmark if found double click on it and set to diabled.

howard64 12:11 23 Dec 2008

Go down the list to look for lexmark if found double click on it and set to disabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?