Error 691 on Tiscali Broadband

thumbscrew 10:17 08 Feb 2008

Over the past few days I've had trouble connecting to Tiscali Broadband. Sometimes I can connect, other times I get an Error 691 message, If I persist I eventually get on.I understand the code refers to a password rejection,but it's an automatic connection I've had for years and never failed to connect until recently. Modem seems ok, two permanent green lights. Can anyone help?

johnnyrocker 10:34 08 Feb 2008

have you rebooted modem it might have gone a bit stale?

johnny

thumbscrew 23:36 08 Feb 2008

Thanks johnny, unplugged it and replaced. On tonight but with Tiscali anything can happen and frequently does. When I say anything can happen,I mean that on frequent occasions...nothing happens..."It's off again". Thanks pal.
Andy.

woowoowoo 18:48 23 Feb 2008

Hi - I have had the same problem since last tuesday - anybody else with this problem? I have phoned the help desk every day and they say its a countrywide problem, but this is getting beyond a joke.

Poitier 13:13 24 Feb 2008

Hi,
Note you have unplugged modem,but have you uninstalled and reinstalled the modem software?

desi3026 17:37 24 Feb 2008

I've been getting lots of error codes,including 691 since they increased the speeds two or three weeks ago.It normally comes back on here in an hour or so.Almost certainly them,and not your equipment.
Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?