Error 624 - please help

Gizmocat 06:40 06 Jun 2006

After loads of probs with NIS 2005 which I have recently uninstalled, I noticed that my Speedtouch connection was not firewalled through XP so enabled it.
When I did, it did allow me to, but the above error appeared - in full : - 'the system could not updated the phonebook file.'
I have tried to access help topics via Windows XP as it did show 16 topics but all I get is - Cannot display the page
The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed because the server it resides on does not respond. Please try again later.

Diodorus Siculus 08:22 06 Jun 2006

Error message: Phone book can not be created. Error 624
"RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, first locate the Rasphone.pbk file and make sure that the read-only file property in the Properties dialog box is not selected. If it is not selected, the file may be damaged and you must rename the Pbk folder to Pbk.old. The Pbk folder is located in the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections" folder. If you cannot see the Pbk folder, make sure that you can see hidden files and folders. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Click Start , click My Computer, and then click Folder Options on theTools menu.
2. Click the View tab.
3. Click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK."
click here

Gizmocat 18:12 06 Jun 2006

I have followed the steps. It says 'make sure that the read-only file is not selected.' Mine is not selected.
But it then goes on to say 'if it is not selected'. Is the word 'not' here an error because the first instruction is to make sure it is not selected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?