Error: 5.3.4. IE11

Furkin 13:45 29 Dec 2013

Hi all,

I have just tried to send two small emails from my home, private machine/account, to two separate people. One is on Hotmail, and one is on Live.co.uk.

The error message said that they - Outlook (although this account is Hotmail) have noticed some strange activity on my account, & temporarily blocked my account !

They want me to give them my mobile number - BUT I DON'T WANT TO !

I already get fed up with all & sundry sending me bits of carp at every hour of the day, that usually serves no purpose at all, apart from advertising products, services etc.

I have several accounts with MS-Hotmail & Outlook,,,,, so the last thing I want, is them filling my text messages with junk.

Can I get around this ?

Can I actually contact the department that does this ?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you can help

& A Happy New Year to you all.

Ian in Northampton 14:00 29 Dec 2013

It sounds like a scam. Is your account now actually locked - or have 'they' just threatened to lock it? Do you know if the emails you sent were received?

Ian in Northampton 14:01 29 Dec 2013

Btw: where do I sign up for getting bits of carp? I enjoy fish, and if it's free... :-)

Furkin 09:07 30 Dec 2013

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply:

It does seem to be locked. The couple that I sent - unfortunately - were to a couple of 'acquaintances', who are not known for acting on messages very fast, if at all. I have sent a couple to my other addresses, but get the same message.

As I say, MS just want my moby to send junk to. I have several addresses from 2/3 email hosts. This is one of my Hotmail ones. The rest are alright - they send & receive as normal.

Whilst carrying out these tests, I also came across one with a message saying [para] “,,,,, connection to SMTP server smtp.mail.com timed out. Try later,,,,,,”, but I can't recall which address it was, nor replicate it. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never eaten Carp - you ? I hear they have a 'soily' taste. I'd try it if it came my way. I live in Cornwall, so we have to make do with Mackerel, Sea Bass, Crab, Lobster, Plaice, fish fingers etc

Of course, I meant to say 'parc' !?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017