ERROR 30001

Wak 11:24 07 Aug 2009

Just recently I have been getting a box pop up containing the message "Error 30001".
I Googled for "Error 30001" and found that many people are having this problem with all different kinds of programs, systems and equipment. Naturally, a certain website offered to cure this ERROR and if you try the FREE scan it will find hundreds of faults with your entire system and then offer to remove/cure them for a price!!!!
Being aware of this web site and refusing their offer to cure my 248 faults (which no other program can find), I checked my system and found that it was a Video downloading Tool bar which was working unknown in the background and couldn't get through to a target Internet site because I had it BLOCKED in my firewall, thus resulting in the pop-up message "Error 30001".
Switching the Tool bar OFF or opening the Firewall when the Tool bar is required removes the "Error 30001" and I just wondered how many of the other people in the Googled list had been caught out by the FREE SCAN and could have cured this fault simply by checking their programs and/or Firewall settings?
Possibly worth remembering if you get an Error Message in the future????

VoG II 20:13 07 Aug 2009

It sounds like you are fixed but this may be of interest click here

Night Ryder 05:00 08 Aug 2009

Stick a couple of AA batteries up your Nostrils and se if this helps

Wak 09:00 08 Aug 2009

The tool bar I have is actually wanted but thanks for the link.

Night Ryder. I don't normal reply to dickheads but I can only imagine that you still have the mental age which causes you to have giggling fits whenever anyone mentions knicker elastic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?