ERROR 1772. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH ...

edelinski-199425 13:00 20 Jul 2006

Hi. I trying to help my friend, he try to install jawa on his computer ( windowsxp, P4 ) but when instalation come at end he recive this message:

ERROR 1772. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS WINDOWS INSTALLER PACKAGE. A PROGRAM RUN AS PART OF THE SETUP DID NOT FINISH AS EXPECTED. cONTACT YOUR SUPPORT PERSONNEL OR PACKAGE VENDOR.

The program is listed in Add remove programs, I try to find something on the net but nothig what could help, so please if somebody could help me about this.
I put that jawa on cd and install on my computer with no problem.Thanx for all help.

ArrGee 13:11 20 Jul 2006

I was having a similar error, except my machine would re-boot in the middle of the install. This is what my log looked like:

Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action patchjre, location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Update\Base Images\j2re1.4.2-b28\patch-j2re1.4.2_05-b04\patchjre.exe, command: -s "C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\"

It turned out to be an issue with the video driver and dual displays. I was installing on a Dell Latitude 600 using 2 monitors. After installing the latest driver my problem went away. It has something to do with Jdk 1.3.4 is now using Direct X.

Hope this helps someone out there.......................

edelinski-199425 21:53 20 Jul 2006

I will see with my friend but it could be a driver, he have internet over mobile and it costing him a lot to download so he don't updating windows, probably like you say everithyng is to old on his computer, thanx a lot for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone