erratic logitech laser mouse

23790954 22:48 12 Dec 2006

A couple of months ago, I purchased a new Logitech MX610 cordless, laser mouse. I was hoping to use this in conjunction with my system which has a Gigabyte K8N-SLI motherboard, 3200+ processor and 1 gig of DDR. My PCI express graphics card is only a Radeon X300 SE. Since installing the new mouse it has been very erratic with the cursor, so I have been trying to rectify this fault by following all the advice on Logitech website. After a couple of months I have tried everything possible, including putting the small USB connector onto a USB extension, so that it is away from the main computer system. Still, after it has warmed up for a minute or two, the mouse cursor jumps everywhere on the VDU. Has anyone else experienced this with this mouse, and been able to rectify it. I do like the build of this mouse, so I would like to be able to use it. Thanks for any help given.

anskyber 22:51 12 Dec 2006

Oddly the problem has been solved for many with Logitech mice by uninstalling the Logitech software and using the default Windows drivers for a mouse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?