Eror message trying to scan using MP150

ened 15:50 29 Nov 2008

I am using Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I have a Canon MP150, which is a scanner/copier/printer.

When trying to scan I keep getting the following message: "The printer driver supported by this software is not installed. Install it then retry."

I installed the software from the disc then went to the Canon site and downloaded what I took to be the latest drivers click here

ened 16:00 29 Nov 2008

I hadn't finished but the rest was waffle.

I have just used this to print a page and that side of it is fine.

It is when I try to open MP Navigator that I get the error message.

Any help will be greatly appreciated - even if it is to tell me this model doesn't work with 64bit machines.

Sea Urchin 16:08 29 Nov 2008

Your link goes to a page with 89 drivers on it - but if you select Windows Vista and English (I presume) you will get a choice of 8. Numbers 1 and 5 (for the scanner) will be needed to supplement your disk - both 64 bit

ened 16:31 29 Nov 2008

I have downloaded and installed both of those and in fact 5 is a programme rather than a driver.

I have also installed everything off the disc except the drivers because I thought I would need drivers off the site as Vista 64bit was not around when the machine was manufactured.

Sea Urchin 16:41 29 Nov 2008

Are you talking about Number 5 on my list of 8 or your list of 89? Mine is an MP Driver (1.10) - No 1 is an add-on driver module, so should be installed after the drivers from your disk.

Sea Urchin 16:47 29 Nov 2008

In fact looking again No 7 is MP Drivers x64 (1.10b) which looks the best

ened 16:52 29 Nov 2008

When I select what you said I get :

Your search returned no results

Can you post the link to the page you are getting?

ened 16:55 29 Nov 2008

and got the list you mentioned.

I have already downloaded and installed 1&% and actually I had done so before starting this thread.

ened 16:56 29 Nov 2008

Thanks for your help.

No 7 might well do it but will it be alright to install it on top of the others?

Sea Urchin 17:08 29 Nov 2008

.....but you needed to install them following the drivers from the disk. The disk may well have an uninstall feature - I would be tempted to start again :@)

ened 17:17 29 Nov 2008

Many thanks Sea Urchin.

I know I should have rolled back and started again but something which I had installed caused the machine to run slow and I had to go into the start up file and stop them running.

So I downloaded no.7 from your list and during the installation it uninstalled previous versions.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires