EPSON vs OLIVETTI Drivers Co Exist?

chrissy-1616526 21:08 08 Sep 2010

I have an EPSON 1640SU photo scanner and a Olivetti all-in-one ANYWAY printer, but the drivers are causing havoc-possibly only one at a time can be used? I have looked at the EPSON North America website and they have a few driver update downloads. I have tried a few, but the twain wont work only the Smart Panel. my only last attempt is to uninstall all drivers and install the Epson one first (USBs all detached before download) the weird thing is that i nearly was able to scan using the EPSON scanner, but then it didn't work. Before this I had used the Olivetti scanner fine, and have used the Epson scanner with an Epson printer 8 years ago and no problems. Maybe I should install the EPSON first? I have just tried the Olivetti and it still scans ok despite the epson drivers downloaded. I have tried the Epson 10233.exe file, and 10479.exe. I have also tried the twain driver 106090.exe but uninstalled it. I am not a whiz so prob did something wrong... @} also I have Windows XP. but windows 2000 prob 8 years ago. Tried contacting the EPSON US website, but no response.

any advice? thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?