Epson SX100

GJBANGLER 09:38 27 Aug 2009

I have been trying to install an Epsson SX100 on my computor which is running a fully updated windows xp. when asked to plug in the usb lead from the installation disc, it does not recognise the sx100. I then referred to the trouble shooting guide. this then informs me to explore disc for win9x folder and open, then double click epusbun.exe. remove disc and restart installation and follow new installation. I cannot find either files/ folders on disc. tried contacting epson. not very helpfull as they would not tell me where folder etc. where on disc. only said i had outdated drivers and to contact my computor vendor. according to details on box this will work on xp with usb 1.1. can anyone help to install. I have a laptop aswell running vista, and the sx100 instaled first time on this.

FreeCell 11:05 27 Aug 2009

Could be faulty USB port. In Device Manager do the Universal Serial Bus entries show any problem? (Yellow triangle with exclamation mark)

Troubles shooting information was for Windows 98 so folder structure is different on your system which is why you can't find the folders. You could use Windows Explorer and search the C: drive for the file epusbun.

If none of above get new copy of software/drivers from Epson. Try going here
click here

Download drivers and software for XP and re-install

sharpamat 13:06 27 Aug 2009

If you get the correct drivers for XP same link set up for XP click here#
Save them all to a folder

Before you try to install those drivers yo must remove all attempts to install this before

You can cheak if your USB port is working by plugging in your printer the system should reconise it and tell you that it has

Then unplug it and install the driver once installed you can install the rest

BT 16:52 27 Aug 2009

Had a similar problem with the supplied disc for Epson D92 which although it installed would crash the computer the second time it was run. Downloaded from the Epson website and it was OK.

GJBANGLER 16:58 27 Aug 2009

I have checked my usb ports and when sx100 is connected, it displays unknown device. this on different usb on computor. i have plugged into a known usb that already recognises one of my devises. the cable is also ok, as this is the one i used to install on my laptop, which is running vista.also downloaded drivers from epson and installed, still same device not recognised

sharpamat 17:26 27 Aug 2009

with the sx range being fairly new have you checked the system is full updated with windows upgate. I would also suggest you run Scannow

Your system clearly knows something is there but does not read just what.

You could also check device manager, even try a manual install from the hardware wizard

Audio~~Chip 00:52 15 Sep 2009

Firstly never connect the printer first but install the software and wait for the prompt to connect and switch on the printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?