EPSON Stylus SX205

theearlofsabden 18:46 31 Oct 2010

Hi all

Any way of printing in black only, Cyan is out of ink. Print job asking for replacement, won't have that until tomorrow, need to finish this printing.

I've told the printer to print in Black only, but the print job won't continue until I do what it says and replace the Cyan cartridge... it seems?

Any way around this?

Thanks.

Woolwell 21:35 31 Oct 2010

Not that I know of.

woodchip 22:21 31 Oct 2010

No you have to have all the inks in

sharpamat 07:49 01 Nov 2010

As advised I also am not aware of any way around this, however your options are endless.

You can purchase a new set of inks, ( whilst only one shows as empty now once you have installed a new one the machine will run its charging and others will become close if not out of ink. ( this also happens overtime you turn on or off ))
Other methods will void any warranty

You can use compatibles available almost everywhere

You can refill your present ones either by yourself ( this can be messy and as well as inks you will need to buy a chip re-setter ) or you can use a company such as Cartridge World who will do it for you.

As a long term option fit a CISS this will mean you have external tanks and a small set of tubes running into the printer.

A search of the Forums will show these points have all been covered in detail

jack 08:08 01 Nov 2010

As Woodchip stated Inkjets rely on on full sets of colour and print full colour to get a black image.
['Black' being a sort of muddy green on its own.]
There are some machines [but not Epson I believe] than can run an alternative black[photo black]
But this is nothing to do with your machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?