Epson Stylus Photo 950 Printing CD's

Cassieopia 16:01 03 May 2003

I have just bought an Epsone stylus 950 which is suposed to print directly onto cd's but i can't work out where to put the CD tray. the hyrogliphics on the tray don't help at all, and I can't find any help at epsons web site.

When insert the tray in behind the printer it flashes up it's out of paper.

howard60 17:38 03 May 2003

simply typed in epson 950 and got a 3 page write up which includes this. CD printing
To print directly onto a CD, you need to use a CD that has a printable surface. These are available now and you can also pre-attach a CD surface sticker from a kit. You can’t simply print onto the bare plastic of a standard CD as the ink is water based and will easily smudge, even after drying.

A CD holder is provided and you can also use an adapter for the standard smaller CD size commonly available. The holder and CD are mounted from the front of the printer, after removing the paper cutter unit, if present.

Epson provides some easy to use and flexible software for designing your CD art work. This allows variable size borders, fonts and the addition of graphics. Text can be manipulated to follow the rotation of the CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone