Epson Stylus Photo 950 printer

rosyred 21:18 07 Oct 2003

After much thought and wallet searching I've actually bought my new printer - oh joy it arrived this morning. Frantically ripped the box open, read the blurb, (well skimmed it really),assembled the machine - mind u have a couple of parts that seem spare. Put the disc in the cd and all went swimmingly with the wizard till i put the ink cartridges in, I could move no further. Phoned Epsom and they talked me thro some checks and guess what - Ive got a faulty machine. Why do I always get the Friday afternoon or Monday morning cobble together or do others have the same problem. Mind u the technician is coming tomorrow sometime between 9am and 6pm Oh happy day.

Djohn 21:28 07 Oct 2003

I think the ink cartridges should have gone in first and the software installed before connecting the printer, this is maybe where you went wrong. Don't worry though you will be amazed at the quality of the printer when it's set-up to morrow. j.

rosyred 21:40 07 Oct 2003

.......I followed the instructions to the letter and they said and i quote instal the software and make sure you printer is off. turn the printer on and install the ink cartridges the printer head will move to the right so that you can access it. thanks 4 replying am looking fwd to my first print tomorrow whatever time that will be lol

Djohn 21:52 07 Oct 2003

Sorry, I didn't mean to infer you had not read the instructions, and they do vary from printer to printer. Usually though, unless the printer is powered by the USB cable only, you turn on the printer so that the printer head moves to the centre for you to insert the ink, but don't have the USB cable connected to the PC at this point. But I'm sure all will go well for you tomorrow, and I know the disappointment of having something new and it not working correctly. It's very frustrating. j.

rosyred 22:41 08 Oct 2003

All up and running now - just got to find out where to fit all these spare parts that are rattling around in the BIG box. thanks for your concern......and now for my next problem. You think I'm joking dont you????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires