Epson Stylus Photo 950 not printing

ragbag 12:12 26 Apr 2005

First many thanks to VideoSenry, Diemmess and THB1
for their help last time. I did loose both internal and firewire DVD drives, but living with system restore resolved this eventually. I, also, lost all sound for the best part of a day, but it got over this bit of temprement all by itself.

The printer is another matter. It works perfectly with the old laptop. It worked perfectly with the new one and I don't seem to have installed anything which might upset it.

Everything tells me it is fine including Epson's on line diagnostics. It is the default printer.
To be on the safe side I installed the latest drivers for the printer and status monitor.

When I try to print everything seems normal. The print preview comes up perfectly, but when I press print the status monitor appears for a second only and is followed by a message: 'A printing error has occured. Part of the document may not have been printed correctly.'
+++++++++and that's it nothing more happens.

Any ideas?? I have completely run out of steam (and Epson support are talking their time to reply to my questions)
Best Regards, Ragbag

Indigo 1 15:24 26 Apr 2005

What method do you use to connect it, Serial or USB ?

Which O/S and version

Indigo 1 17:10 26 Apr 2005

Dear Indigo 1 I have always run the Printer through an Entegra USB-1 hub and it has never given a hint of problem and still does everything with the old laptop. I tried to connect the printer directly to one of my USB-2 ports, but the results were exactly the same. Both computers have Windows XP with SP 2. Regards Ragbag

Intel Pentium M 1.6 GHz 504 MB usuable RAM 3 USB-2 ports 1 firewiwre port Windows XP Home with SP 2

Please post all replies here so that they can be viewed by all.

Send emails by invitation only.

Indigo 1 17:15 26 Apr 2005

Have you tried uninstalling it then re-installing ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?