Epson Stylus Photo 810 printer paper feed

Beedyell 21:40 29 Jan 2005

Before I give up and throw it out, can anyone suggest a way to cure my 810's paper feed fault? The paper skews on being drawn in from the feeder tray. I have carefully tamnped the paper, checked for unsmooth edges and no dampness etc.

woodchip 21:43 29 Jan 2005

Try cleaning the rollers if you can get at them

Beedyell 21:53 29 Jan 2005

Thanks but the paper doesn't get that far into the machine. There is one roller at the start and that seems OK.

Buchan 35 22:18 29 Jan 2005

I`m not clued up on this subject, but I`ve tried photography on my PC and have a whole lot to learn. Please don`t take offense at this question. Have you loaded the right paper? Sometimes a problem can be sorted by going back to basics and if you`re really going to throw it out try my direction

woodchip 22:24 29 Jan 2005

It as to be a hardware problem paper is not being picked up by whatever draws it in

Beedyell 22:41 29 Jan 2005

I think Woodchip is right; problem is I can't see what it is and taking it to a repairer just isn't cost-effective. Thanks to Buchan35 but I am using the right paper. I don't want to chuck it out as it is in vgc but it won't print (and I have just bought a new multi pack of compatible inks!!!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?