Epson Stylus Photo 790 Waste Ink Pads

Batch 18:34 13 Apr 2010

Anyone have any experience in replacing / cleaning these?

Printer software came up with “Maintenance Call” message and refused to print. Determined that this was most probably due to Waste Ink Pad being deemed “full”.

As needed to use printer urgently, downloaded SSC software click here and reset the “protection counter” and was able to continue printing for now, but guess that I should really do something about the ink pads (although I do wonder how full they will be in actuality, esp. as the printer is many years old and surely most of the waste ink will have dried out anyhow).

Anyhow, as I said, does anyone have any experience in replacing / cleaning these that they’d be willing to share? AFAIK it is not possible to source replacements so I’m assuming it will be a case of taking them out, “washing and drying” them and putting them back.

eedcam 18:48 13 Apr 2010

My Epson al inone is about 6years old iusedssc about 2 or 3years back still running touch wood
never touched the pads

Toneman 19:03 13 Apr 2010

Have done it with my stylus color 680, some time ago. Just undid some screws to get the cover off, not sure now which ones, only small pads,just washed under the tap, dried and refitted. Epson assured me they were the only ones. Used, I think, SSC to reset the counter, printer now sits on a pad of newspaper but no problems, touch wood...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017