Epson Stylus DX7400 (Nov 07) - Ink Cart Problems

candun 18:59 29 Nov 2007

After replacing the original Epson carts with compatibles, guaranteed by the online supplier to function in new Epsons, the printer's 'ink' warning light remains lit and the USB controller advises of a 'Device Malfunction'. I reinstalled the software but the problems remain, so, apart from buying compatibles from Choice Stationery, I certainly would be thankful for any advice. PS DX7400 purchased 6th Nov.07

crosstrainer 19:15 29 Nov 2007

Sell carts for these printers, and they are perfect...Have used many and have had no probs at all.

SANTOS7 19:22 29 Nov 2007

Sounds like they are not installed properly have you removed them and reseated them...

candun 19:29 29 Nov 2007

SANTOS7
yes, I reseated them a couple of times.

'crosstrainer'

Good news, it'll be far quicker, thanks

candun 12:51 01 Dec 2007

Replaced compatible carts with genuine Epson carts and printer returned to normal, this looks bad for owners who wish to use comp cartridges.

candun 12:55 01 Dec 2007

I ticked and clicked 'Resolved' no show, no go.

Bluray IT 21:45 03 Jan 2008

Beware! the replacement carts MUST have the new chip, most do not yet. Epson changed the contacts

Age040 12:19 12 Apr 2008

I agree - the contacts have changed.

I recently got a new DX7400 and had to change the ink this week.

The guy in the shop assured me the cartridge was compatible - his stock pc said it was.
But it didn't work - on closer inspection - the chip layout is different - the originals have a row of 3 contacts at the top - whereas the compatibles don't.

A royal pain as you can't look at the cartridge without opening the packet - meaning you have to buy it to check.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone