Epson Stylus C64 printing problem

Duncanf 19:27 16 Sep 2008

I was given an Epson Stylus C64 from a friend following my own printer packing up. They didn't have the original software CD but I believe I've successfully downloaded relevant drivers etc and now got the printer showing as default printer in control panel and operating....apart from blank pages!!! As the printer had been dormant for several months I ordered a new set of cartridges and replaced the black only to see if something was blocked. Still no joy. I am on Windows XP and have connected the printer to the computer with a USB connection. Can anyone help please?

MAT ALAN 19:31 16 Sep 2008

Heads are probably blocked, you can use the onboard maintenance facility to clean the heads, (i would do this several times) to see if it makes a difference...

Duncanf 19:49 16 Sep 2008

Thanks for reply Mat Alan re cleaning print heads. I had already done that several times with no joy and now done it a further 4 times with similar results. The strange thing is it's a brand new black cartridge that I installed so I would have thought that ink in that one would have got through.

Duncanf 22:23 16 Sep 2008

Any other suggestions to get the ink coming through?
Still getting blank pages! Thanks in anticipation!

peter99co 22:27 16 Sep 2008
  peter99co 22:31 16 Sep 2008
  Duncanf 22:40 16 Sep 2008

Thanks for suggestion. I had already looked at the first post and tried some suggestions without success. I'll now look through your second one. Thanks again.

woodchip 22:48 16 Sep 2008

Epson the Ink Jets will be Blocked may be beyond the value of the printer. As this is a very old printer as Printers go, plus its been stood for how long is any ones guess. The Jets on a Epson are built into the Printer. click here

Duncanf 22:56 16 Sep 2008

Thanks Woodchip. Looking at your post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone