Epson Stylus 600 only prints double line spacing

whitehall 21:25 11 Jun 2004

My Epson Stylus Colour 600 has suddenly started printing everything in double line spacing - even the test print page from the properties printer page.
All looks single line on screen and is set to such, but still prints double.
I have removed printer software and edited the registry to clear all references to my printer, then re-installed drivers, to no avail.
Any help please
Sharon

woodchip 21:43 11 Jun 2004

Best bet is uninstall from add remove programs and also go to start\settings\printers right click your printer and delete it then reinstall from cd

whitehall 21:55 11 Jun 2004

Thanks "Woodchip", I should have said in my original posting, but I have tried uninstalling from Add/Remove programs, when this didn't work, I also tried right clicking the printer icon within the printers group and deleting from there, still to no avail.
Sharon

Eric10 22:04 11 Jun 2004

Taken from a webpage found with Google:

Epson Stylus 600 faults can sometimes be cleared with a factory reset not documented in the manual. Turn the printer off. Hold down the load/eject and cleaning buttons while turning the printer on, then release them both, then press load/eject again.

Also from this page click here (Epson printers are in the bottom half of the page)

Erroneous Error Reset / Maintenance Reset

Power off,
Cycle power switch on then off 5 times

whitehall 12:29 12 Jun 2004

Thanks to Eric10 & Woodchip, all is now fine with Epson 600 printer.
Thank you
Sharon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?