Epson scanner

jcee 22:06 10 Jan 2006

Have transferred my Epson Perfection 1200U scanner etc to a new pc using a Cannon PIXMA ip5000 printer. Open "smart panel" "photo print" the window displays my Cannon printer but when I try to scan(EPPApp)window opens with error message "Epson printer not selected".Selecting printer Icon opens a blank window which I cannot access. Have added Canon printer to Twain settings. Scanner works OK on other applications (except OCR does not find MS Word). John

madPentium 08:15 12 Jan 2006

Is it the correct version of software for the windows you are using on the new pc?
You could try the epson web site, downloading the latest drivers for your windows, and see if that works.

jack 09:49 12 Jan 2006

My guess is using Epson Smart Panel as controller it will only look for an Epson printer.

Us any other scanner access facility- your photoeditor for example and it should all work - I think.

2556055 18:20 14 Jan 2006

I use an Epson 1240U and it has always refused to Photo print with either my Hp690C or Canoni865 printers. Try downloading the file EPSON10479.exe (Do a google search for it) this will give you a program called Epson photo print and althought it says it is for Win95, I have been using it on XP for some time now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?