EPSON RX640 Problem

tried 14:25 04 Nov 2007

Ive changed the inks but cannot print a decent test page (missing segments) tried all the manual sugestions any advice lads ? (other than bin it)

FreeCell 18:11 04 Nov 2007

Thoughts:

Clean the connectors on ink cartridges and printer with slightly damp lint-free cloth.

Try another cartidge. Was it a manufacture's original or refill?

Technotiger 19:28 04 Nov 2007

When using the Maintenance software to do Nozzle checks etc, it is quite normal to have to carry out the cleaning/checking cycle five or six times before getting a good print. In my experience once is never enough.

woodchip 19:37 04 Nov 2007

I have RX620 So you should not be having Problems with a Later Printer yet

tried 11:56 05 Nov 2007

Thanks all the printer is 12 days to garrentee run out. Im going to buy an Epson set of inks to put in and retest. A set of Epson inks costs 60% of the cost of the printer @ £78. Head cleaning at 2 times takes nearly 20% of the ink in the cartridge Epsons responce to the prob. was clean the heads again! I guess the staff have shares in the company! troble its costing me more than I earn at the mo! Ill let you know how it proceeds thanks again.

jack 13:49 05 Nov 2007

Investigate continuous ink supplies systems very cost effective - for example
click here
I have recently converted my R300 for an all in cost of £35 or so
Then look at
click here
recover waste ink to put in the black tank and to avoid the service- ink pad overflow neg[ you will get the nag but you will know you can reset that with
the SSC utility - click here

woodchip 18:00 05 Nov 2007

Why not get some Cleaning carts? click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?