Epson RX620 Problem with Win7 32 and 64 Bit

Demora 20:06 20 Mar 2010

Hi.

I have a home network and the main printer is an Epson Stylus Photo RX620 connected to my desktop PC running win 7 32 bit. The win xp laptop and vista laptop connect to the printer fine (wirelessly). But the laptop running win 7 64 bit has driver issues.

I've been to the epson website and can't really find a driver that will work for this.

Any work arounds?

TIA
D

northumbria61 22:29 20 Mar 2010
  Demora 01:27 21 Mar 2010

I need to add a 64 bit driver into my windows 7 32 bit desktop pc. There doesn't appear to be one. I tried the xp 64 bit driver and 'run in compatability mode' but this doesn't work.

Looks like I have to options.

Take the item off the laptop and load onto desktop to print, OR buy a new printer.

D

robin_x 01:41 21 Mar 2010

You could try a Vista 64 driver if you can find one (they may not exist)

I spent 3 evenings Googling for drivers for my Lexmark (X-74) and trying "similar" printer drivers before giving up.

(also click the Check for Updates box when installing and wait a few mins)
I got loads of extra Lex printers listed.
But none of them worked either.

Bought a new £35 Canon Pixma from Argos in the end.

Amazon recently showing sub £50 wireless printers (Epson? Hp?)

Wish I had waited few weeks. They were all £90 when I looked. (saves having an extra PC on for the printer. My Tower PC upstairs takes 80-100W.
But it is a pain to go and turn it on just to print something.)

Normally use my laptop in the liv room.

Good Luck

Demora 16:36 21 Mar 2010

Hi.

Thank you for the pointers.

I have fixed it now.

What I did: I downloaded the winxp-64 driver and unzipped this into a folder in my win 7 Public folder

Control Panel/Devices & Printers?add Printer. Chose network & wireless. Win 7 32 did a search for the printers on the workgroup network, Selected the required printer and then pointed win 7 64 laptop to the Public folder on the networked pc. Driver installed no problem.

Hope the above makes some sense for anyone having similar problems.

Thanks again.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017