Epson RX 620 error message re "needs servicing"

Sapins 18:55 08 Sep 2010

Detailed instructions of how to access and clean ink pads would be appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:06 08 Sep 2010

click here for resetting software

or try with printer turned off. hold down B&W button and stop button and then turn printer on.

Epson's view click here

Service manual
click here
click here

woodchip 19:08 08 Sep 2010

I have the same printer, first you need to remove the plate at the back of the printer, look for the wast ink pipe from the rest place of the Inkjets, this as to be either pulled up or pulled so much as to be able to cut it and extend it, so waste ink can go into some kind of container that will not get knocked over. Then use the SSC reset tool click here to reset the printer. or do it like this click here

woodchip 19:23 08 Sep 2010
  Sapins 19:34 08 Sep 2010

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ and woodchip, just what I needed, I will tackle it tomorrow,

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 09:09 09 Sep 2010

I have just fitted the container to the ink waste tube, what an easy job. The end of the tube going to the ink pads was not fixed and came out easily. The container I have is not the right dimensions to make a really neat job but I will find one and change it. I have also reset the printer using the link you gave me and that worked fine first time.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Sapins.

woodchip 10:23 09 Sep 2010

Glad it worked, But as the Info in links tell you there are other bits that wear out in the printer. But think you are happy now its working and it cannot leak ink all over

Sapins 11:57 09 Sep 2010

I am very happy it's now working and at least I should get a lot more use from the printer,

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 08:36 11 Sep 2010

You mentioned you have the Epson RX620, do you have a CISS fitted to it, and if so can you tell me how you fitted it please,

Regards,

Sapins.

sharpamat 08:46 11 Sep 2010

click here

Here is details of the CISS for this printer, The same site has details of fitting instructions

I have fitted these to both my r265 and my sx200 with no problems. and found it easier than fitting the external waste tank

Sapins 09:29 11 Sep 2010

Thanks for the link, as I live in France they won't deliver here and I cannot find the fitting instructions!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?