Epson RX 520 Printer

GriffRees 10:06 11 Oct 2008

The printer part of my RX520 has stopped working. The screen shows fault E-90, which the handbook unhelpfully identifies as a problem. I'm pretty sure the problem is mechanical as the thing was making a noise the previous time I used it. I want to take the case off to have a look inside - I suspect something might have fallen in through the paper feed slot - but it's not a very user friendly design. Has anybody got any hints on how the casing comes apart - any other suggestions or comments?

cheap 15:25 11 Oct 2008

Stolen fron another site.

"My rx520 was working just fine when suddenly i get a message E90 on the screen which means you have to have it serviced (which btw would be more expensive than getting another printer). It turns out this message comes up because epson have installed timers or counters into their printers. so after a certain amount of usage your printer will simply die. Epson's excuse is that it is to prevent ink leaking onto your desk. And seems to be that's all it is - an EXCUSE to RIP YOU OFF, because after all, they could have allowed the scanner to continue working, couldn't they? But no, the whole all-in-one is dead.
Shame, i liked the negative scanning facility."

Try this download to see if it will reset the counter
click here

johndrew 15:29 11 Oct 2008

Have a look click here you may find exactly what you want.

Failing that you could try Epson Support click here they may be willing to point you in the right (cheap) direction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?