epson rx 425 printer

LAPTOPBABE 22:40 03 Sep 2008

When I had 2 xp machines I could connect my printer to one and wirelessly print from the other through my network. I now have 1 xp PC which the printer is connected to and 2 vistas which I can't get to be able to print wirelessly. It is all set for sharing etc and printer sharing is turned on on all machines. I have downloaded vista drivers on xp machine as someone told me to do and i installed the printer with usb on the vista laptops. What have i missed? Can anyone help. I have been on Epson site too and still no joy. Is the printer never going to work with vista?

brundle 23:20 03 Sep 2008

Do you get any error messages? Or just nothing printing? Do you have accounts with identical names and passwords on all machines?

LAPTOPBABE 21:09 04 Sep 2008

Nothing prints and I get the following:
StatusMonitor3 Environment Check stopped Working and was Closed.
A problem caused this application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you ...etc.
Am i right in choosing the first option to 'add a printer'. It then shows my printer in the list and i have tried both reinstalling there driver or keeping the one i had - same result. As for the names and passwords, i don't use passwords, don't need to and I will check the names when i can collar the other 2 computers later tonight, but should be ok. Any further help would be very much appreciated.

brundle 16:44 05 Sep 2008

Is that a Stylus Photo RX 425? I've checked the downloads available at Epson but they don't have an actual printer driver, just the scanning software as I'm sure you've noticed. A printer driver is only listed under Windows Updates here; click here

It's not mentioned at all here;
click here

I don't know which list is more up-to-date.

LAPTOPBABE 19:05 08 Sep 2008

Thanks for that info, I am sure it will help others, but I was in a position whereby I purchased a new wireless printer on Friday morning very cheap and i grabbed it with both hands. Up and working on all computers in a jiffy. But, anyway i can ask my brother if he would like my epson, and the info will be useful as he will want to share the printer in exactly same way as I tried, at least now i will be armed with better info to try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Software for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?