Epson R300 DVD/CD Printing Problem HELP!

jackflash82 15:35 16 Jul 2007

Hi everyone, I have an Epson R300 printer I have been using fine for about 2 years now, but recently its started to play up when it comes to printing onto CDs or DVDs, when the printer feeds the cd tray into the printer it draws it in to far and jams up, it is doing this 9/10 times now, so is very frustrating,
I have ordered a new DVD/CD tray to no avail, Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Many thanks

postie24 15:39 16 Jul 2007

I had the same problem,apparently Epsom know there is a fault with the cd tray.
The plastis lugs at the end have been re-designed now.
I bought a new one off Ebay,problem solved.

postie24 15:43 16 Jul 2007

Could only find this
click here

jackflash82 15:50 16 Jul 2007

hi there, yes i have tried the newer version of the cd/dvd tray with the plastic lugs, but still the problem persists, must be the printer at fault not the tray

postie24 16:04 16 Jul 2007

Yes must be the printer at fault,maybe someone else may know the exact problem and how to solve it.
Hope you get it sorted

Postie24

Stuartli 16:18 16 Jul 2007

I have to fiddle around with the original CD/DVD tray to get it to work.

Just one point - is there enough room at the rear of the printer for the tray to move freely?

jackflash82 17:03 16 Jul 2007

Ive always had to fiddle with the tray to get it to feed in and out, but getting stuck in between is a new one, theres loads of room at the back as I have to pull the tray out the back when it gets stuck, does anyone know of a place that still has an r300 for sale new? i know its been discontinued, but thought somewhere might have one lying about, ive just bought a load of ink so dont want it to goto waste! Dont wanna buy a s/h one off ebay really.

postie24 17:24 16 Jul 2007

They sometimes have them for sale here
click here

Stuartli 17:40 16 Jul 2007

postie24's source is the one I was going to provide - good company to deal with and quick delivery.

By the way, unless you need the LCD screen and memory card facilities, the R200 and E220 use the same print engine.

jackflash82 16:02 20 Jul 2007

Hi, for anyone who runs into this problem, I have found a soloution, when u goto print onto the disk, dont line the arrows up, instead have it slighty out the printer by about half an inch, when it goes to draw the tray in, hold onto it for about 2-3 seconds then baby/feed it into the printer, done 10/10 disks using this method, hope it works for you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?