Epson R220 stopped printing

Bruz 10:30 16 Sep 2007

My epson r220 printer suddenly stopped printing. First the black stopped then the yellow and now no print at all.
All the cartridges are half full and the print information says that there is enough ink to print 100 A4 sheets.
Any one got any ideas?
Bruz

Clapton is God 10:44 16 Sep 2007

Have you done deep clean maintenance (or any cleaning)?

wotbus@ 13:02 16 Sep 2007

Just been reading a previous post about R300 and this link may be useful. Seem if the the waste ink pads are full the printer can be shut down.
Have a read, may be of some use:
click here

LAP 13:28 16 Sep 2007

Bruz, I did have an R300 now using R200, both have from time to time stated that they require a service etc. I have and still do (right or wrong)the following: get the printer carts to stop in the middle normally by pulling out the power cable. Then using folded kitchen towel soak up the excess ink from both ink pads. When done I use the SSC Service Utility to reset the printer.

This has not let me down yet.

Bruz 16:22 16 Sep 2007

Thanks for all your input.
I have used the head cleaner several times and I have even taken the cartridges out and put cleaning fluid into the nozzle.
There was no warning, I noticed that a print out looked light, so I printed another copy and the black appeared to be missing. I did the print nozzle check and the yellow went out and so on.
If I had a full set of inks I would change them all.
I have changed the magenta and the magenta light and they are printing a little.
It appears that the ink has dried up.
Thanks again for your input, I will have to wait until the new ink arrives.
Cheers Bruz

Bruz 08:24 17 Sep 2007

I found the solution to the problem was the usual suspect. I use a utility called SSC to keep my printer running right, some how it got corrupted most probably by XP Pro.
I un-installed it and re-installed it and I got a red warning light come on on the printer.
Black and 4 other cartridges were empty.
Thanks to you all for your help.
Bruz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?