Epson R200 problem

maiden7802 23:28 11 Mar 2007

I've done something to my printer. I tried to interrupt and print and now I've got the ink and paper lights flashing alternately.

I've cancelled all documents, restarted the computer, unplugged all leads, turned the printer off and on again but it still flashes.

Any ideas please?

LastChip 23:47 11 Mar 2007

Make sure the CD/DVD flap is closed properly and check the position of the printer cartridge carriage.

If it's not returned fully to it's normal position, find out what the obstruction is. (jammed paper for example).

maiden7802 23:51 11 Mar 2007

Thanks, tried those two things as you suggest, still flashing :(

LastChip 00:05 12 Mar 2007

[Taken from the printer manual]

Running a printer operation check

If you are unable to determine the source of the problem, performing a printer operation check can help you determine whether the problem comes from the printer or the computer.

To print a printer operation check page, follow these steps.

1. Make sure both the printer and computer are turned off.

2. Disconnect the cable from the printer's interface connector, then turn on the printer.

3. Make sure that A4 or Letter size plain paper is loaded in the sheet feeder, the CD/DVD tray is not inserted into the printer, and the CD/DVD guide is closed.

4. Hold down the paper button and press the power button to turn on the printer. Release only the power button. After the printer starts the operation check, release the paper button.

This will run a nozzle check. If it's OK, there's nothing wrong with the printer and you should look for a software problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?