Epson R200 Lost driver disc

morge 22:38 26 Dec 2007

Hi all,
Similar tale as muddledone, My daughter is getting married in may and she wants to make her own stationary but her computer was rebuilt and she has lost the printer disc,
Help and advice appreciated
Thanks

MAJ 22:42 26 Dec 2007

You didn't specify an operating system, here's the XP page. click here

Technotiger 22:43 26 Dec 2007

Go to the Epson website and download the driver.

click here

morge 22:48 26 Dec 2007

Hi again
The operating system is XP,
I have tried downloading the drivers from the epson site but cannot get these to run (lack of savvy)

Technotiger 22:55 26 Dec 2007

If you have already downloaded the driver, it will be a zipped file I expect, so after making sure that the box is ticked which says something like 'Automatically run Install after un-zipping' (I can't remember exact wording) you should double-click on the downloaded icon and then click on Unzip. It should then open up the Installation window and install the driver to the pc - you should only need to click on 'Next' or 'Install' etc as appropriate.

colinb1604 22:56 26 Dec 2007

Hi as others have said, I use the r200, and I still have the disc if you pm me with your address I will Try to copy the disc and send to you cheers

colinb1604 22:59 26 Dec 2007

We wre obviously posting at the same time. what technotiger says seems to make sense so you should be ok but if not, let me know good luck

Technotiger 23:00 26 Dec 2007

By the way - disconnect Printer from PC before Installing the driver - you may be asked during the Installation procedure to then connect the Printer.
If it does not ask you to connect the printer, wait until driver installation is complete then re-connect Printer. After connecting the Printer, a Found New Hardware wizard will open, just follow the on-screen prompts.

olddick 13:34 18 Mar 2008

Hi everybody, I found this and another thread on the same R200 yesterday. I too have lost the installation disc, I asked huddlestone on the other thread but as yet no reply. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS PLEASE! Thanks in anticipation............

Stuartli 14:27 18 Mar 2008

The only software you can't download from the Epson website is Epson PrintCD as it's third party (it's used for designing and printing out on to CDs or DVDs).

There are alternatives, however, such as Nero's version.

Stuartli 14:29 18 Mar 2008

Rather than highjack some one's thread, you should start your own.

This will avoid morge having to receive unwanted e-mail notifications.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?