Epson Printers

Robotic_Rob 22:34 16 Jul 2006

Hey,

Im going to buy a new printer in the next day or 2. Im looking to buy 1 of these 3 printers. Which do you think is the best buy ?

EPSON D88
Epson Stylus Photo R220
Epson Stylus D68

Woolwell 22:39 16 Jul 2006

Depends on what you want it to do. But forget the D68 as the D88 is so much better for only a few pounds more.

Robotic_Rob 22:43 16 Jul 2006

Im just after a printer for the home. Which will print average quality print outs with the odd high quality for printing things like photos.

Robotic_Rob 22:44 16 Jul 2006

I know that inkjet printers dont like printing on ohp sheets. But which will be better ?

Woolwell 23:02 16 Jul 2006

I have a D88. It will do a very good job for every day things and will produce quite acceptable photos. However if you want better quality photos then go for photo inkjet. I am quite happy with my D88.

I haven't tried OHP with the D88 but in my experience there isn't a real problem printing on the sheets but some brands don't work very well with Epson printers. Epson of course works well but is expensive.

josie mayhem 23:56 16 Jul 2006

Having the R200, I would recommend the R220 (if I'm correct the difference between rR200 and the R220 is the R220 has card reading abilities) on my R200 a really good all rounder and having six ink cartridges that what you're looking for individual cartridges. make all the diference in running costs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires