epson printer stylus photo RX425 problem

porky45 20:33 23 Aug 2008

Hi , when I try to print using my epson RX425 , I'm told on the screen that I have 'paper jam' and the 'error' light flashes on the printer !
I've run thru the 'unjam' sequence several times and it's still the same (there doesnt seem to be any 'paper' jammed in it anyway !........Also , it will not photocopy or scan either , 'error light' !....Ive just tried to wipe the epson peogramme from my pc in order to try reinstalling it , however a message comes up saying "I cant wipe the programme off' !!!...Any ideas please ?

MAT ALAN 20:53 23 Aug 2008

You will need to do a thorough search inside your printer, it only takes a tiny amount of paper to generate the error message.

try this

disconnect the printer from the computer:

manually feed paper using the paper feed button.
If the printer pulls only one side of the paper then it´s a hardware issue...

TonyV 20:55 23 Aug 2008

Try un-installing in Safe mode. I suspect you cannot un-install it at the moment because it thinks it is running due, probably, to it running at Start-up.

TonyV

chezzyGill 13:18 23 Aug 2011

Hi I have the same problem which is made worse by my printer papers going walkabout and staying resolutely hidden! Therefore I cannot check the problem sorting suggestions! I do not appear to have a manual paper feed button either.

Any further help wouldbe much appreciated! Cheers ChezzyGill

finerty 18:00 25 Aug 2011

ive the same printer have you physically lifted the glass door where the cartridges go and have feel around there. That is where i use to get my paper jams, you have go in a little deep to feel for any paper.

When i found the paper i would rip it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?