epson printer probs, still

2CV6 09:35 26 Feb 2004

Hi, thanks AndyJ for your response. I still cannot do what the msoft knowledge base suggests.
The problem I have is that the printer works ok with any document except when trying a web based page or an email. The script error thrown up has a solution but I can't find what it suggests anywhere. My printer is an Epson 480 color stylus and am using winme. Can you tell me what a post script printer is? How can I find a check box to undo encapsulated post script printer driver and also undo auto footer and header from the Epson properties dialog. It's nowhere to be seen. Ta.

BEVERLEY-256334 11:59 26 Feb 2004

Is your pc a Packard bell, if so you can uninstall surfairy to do this go to start then programs then pc toolkit and services then smart restore scroll down to surfairy and click until red cross apears then click ok and follow the instructions, you will need the 4 disks that came with your pc, If you don't have them contact packard bell.

Or you could go to the tools tab on top of the internet explorer page and click internet options then click on the advanced tab and scroll down the list if there is a tick by the "enable third-party browser extensions" then remove the tick, click apply and restart your pc.

If this doesn't work you could download and install netscape as your browser and you could print from there.

I had this problem and all three solutions worked for me.

Good luck.

AndyJ 12:47 26 Feb 2004

Have you tried going to Start / Run and typing in sfc /scannow

Note that you'll probably need your OS disk handy

2CV6 13:51 26 Feb 2004

Hi, I rang Epson again and told them the problem. They suggested as Jodi1943 did and unticked the box enable third party browswers and this did not work.
The msoft knowledge base suggestions about changing settings for postscript printrs etc are for different printers to mine, so that will not work and the boxes are not obtainable. So I did as finally suggested and installed Netscape and all is now working fine. Thank you both very much. Bill Gates, I'm afraid has slipped up here. I was an advocate of his but not so sure now. Regards,

BEVERLEY-256334 14:00 26 Feb 2004

You will probably find that netscape runs faster than internet explorer, anyway happy to have been able to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?