epson printer problems with jettec cartridge

Alison-192735 11:37 15 Oct 2004

Have replaced my epson cartridges with jettec ones in my stylus photo R300, and almost every time i print something this annoying window pops up to inform me that the cartridges installed are not epson therefore the print quality will differ and do I wish to proceed? I obviously click yes and the document prints perfectly. But does anyone know how I can stop this annoying pop up?????

Pesala 12:59 15 Oct 2004

After you change the cartridge and recharge the ink. Perhaps it is loosely seated, and that is causing a problem. Try pressing it down firmly.

Alison-192735 20:26 15 Oct 2004

removed and replaced every cartridge checked they were all seated, recharged ink but annoying popup just keeps popping up - ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Alison-192735 20:27 15 Oct 2004

removed and replaced every cartridge checked they were all seated, recharged ink but annoying popup just keeps popping up - ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!

JIM 21:22 15 Oct 2004

The printer "knows" which ink cartridges are in the printer and exactly how much ink is left in them. There are tiny "smart" chips on each ink tank. This allows you to swap any cartridge at any time and then put it back in the printer later. These IntellidgeTM cartridges actually count each ink droplet used to keep track of the ink remaining.

I wonder if you would confuse the little blighter if you mixed the types of cartrige :)

i also use jetec but the pop up goes away when i click to continue, what i am now finding is that the black cartridge stops working and yet monitor can show there is plenty ink left any ideas, i have tried all the maintinance tasks, and end up having to put in a new cartridge, this means any savings are lost

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?